Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ireiana Patrice Brown {R.I.P}

Jennifer found out she was pregnant with her baby around November and it was a complete surprise. She was still in college and was 20 years old. The boyfriend that she had been dating for a long time dumped her when he found out she was pregnant. Took the easy way out and left for Mississippi. She was left alone and still had to tell momma about the new member of the family. She was nervous to tell her (as most people would be, I know I would have been extremely nervous to tell her) and she got the courage to call momma at work while she was in the hospital for a check up. The conversation went something like this:
"You have got to be joking. Right?"
"Nope, I'm dead serious."
"I can't talk about this right now." Click.
After a few days, Momma got okay with the idea of being a grandmother and embraced Jennifer and the new child. Jennifer didn't have the normal symptoms of a pregnancy. She had no swollen feet, nausea, vomting, back cramps, not even any Braxton-Hicks contractions. She was definitely lucky with her pregnancy. Around 5 months of pregnancy, Jennifer found out she was having a girl.

Jennifer was due with Ire (pronounced eye-ree) on July 24th, 2008. On July 9th, the doctors decided to induce her because of her sickle cell and thought it might be dangerous to keep her inside any longer. She started having contractions around 7pm on the 9th and as time went on, contractions got stronger. She made it to three centimeters and couldn't bare the pain anymore and got an epidural. After 22 hours of labor, Jennifer had given birth to her daughter who was taken to the neonatal doctors immediately after being born. They were trying to revive her for a long time until they couldn't anymore. God had taken her to heaven to be with him but despite that, that little girl had left a footprint on the hearts of many and is loved and adored by her entire family.

This post is dedicated to my niece Ireiana Patrice Brown born on July 10th, 2008 at 5:52am.
I was not present at the birth and I never got to see her or hold her. I only knew her through my sister Jennifer, who is her mother and my momma, Ruby who is her grandmother. Here are some pictures of her. We love you little girl.

This one breaks my heart everytime I see it. My momma and Jen holding Ire right after she was born.
Jen and Ireiana
Ireiana, pretty in pink
Ire's grave-site

No comments: