Sunday, March 21, 2010

Military Wedding

Wow, I haven't updated in ages. I don't know if I just think I'm really horrible at this whole blogging thing or not. However, I do miss the community of Marine wives I used to talk to on xanga (another blog website) so maybe I'll get to know some people on here too. =)
Anywho, so many things have happened since I last posted which was decades ago (or so it seems) so let's get started.
My family is doing well. My momma is recovering from her knee mishap. She couldn't walk or do much of anything without any help but now that she is going to therapy and it seems to be really helping. My sister was in the hospital with her sickle cell a couple of weeks ago but she's doing for the moment. Hopefully it stays that way.
The most important topic is the wedding. So far, I have everything done for the most part. The only thing I'm waiting on are the invitations. They should be here in a couple of weeks so it's not a big deal. The Marine Corps hasn't managed to mess with the wedding date yet. I remember in the beginning it was so tentative that we didn't know what the hell was going on. They were throwing around deployments, dates, training like he had nothing else important going on. Oh, the military. They're experts at messing things up. Mike and I even decided to wait for a honeymoon until our 1 year anniversary. It would be easier to save money that way and it would give us a chance to adjust to our new surroundings. Most likely we'll end up in 29 Palms, California. I'm super excited to move out of the midwest and there will be no more SNOW.
School is going okay. At this point, I just want to graduate. I'm doing everything I can just to manage and get out of here. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss it dearly and it will be very hard to say goodbye to all the memories I have here and all the wonderful friends I've met along the way but I'm ready to move on with my life and be with my Marine.
Mike is flying here to visit me in April since we couldn't bare waiting until late May. I can't wait. I can't stand being away from him anymore. I'm ready for my married life to start and to be with him every day and to see him when he gets home from work. Is this how every girlfriend felt before she got married to her military husband? Man, I can't stand this distance crap. I've been doing it for way too long. Hopefully he doesn't go on another deployment anytime soon.
Well, that's it for me. I'm heading to bed once I talk to Mike on the phone. Sweet dreams to all of you <3

No comments: