Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Half Empty Again

This morning I dropped my fiance off at the airport. Usually I'm really sad and upset but I know I will be seeing him for my graduation next month so I'm not too bummed. I'm just so over this distance thing. It was so refreshing to have him here with me since I didn't feel lonely all the time and I always had someone to come home to. I mean, I have a roommate and she's amazing and one of my best friends but it's not the same as coming home to the person you love the most.

Man, I just want him back already! I had such a hard time falling back asleep after he was gone. I don't know why but for the first few days that Mike is gone, I have a lot of trouble sleeping until I get used to sleeping alone again. I can't wait until all this distance stuff is over with (for the most part anyway)

I understand that since he's in the military he will be going on deployments where he will be gone for months at a time and we've already gone through one so I'm not as scared about being alone. Who knows though, it might be different once we're married. I'll be so used to seeing him everyday that once he's gone it will be 10x harder.

The Marine Corps really knows how to keep you on your toes. Mike has been planning to re-enlist since the beginning of this year and he has already tried once but they wouldn't let him since his fiscal year isn't up yet. He's not even sure if he wants to stay in the same job or not. There are so many factors going into this re-enlistment and where we will end up that I'm just unsure. The last I heard we were going to be moving to 29 Palms, California but now that's up in the air too. We could either be moving to Miramar instead or even be staying in North Carolina. I mean, deep down inside, I really want to move to California since I know I'll be more comfortable in a big city (or at least near a big city) rather than in North Carolina where the closest big city is 3 hours away. I'm the type of person who likes to have a plan, no matter how far in advance it is. The original plan was that I was going to be going on this roadtrip with my momma and my sister to move to California but if we aren't going there, that obviously can't happen. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments: