Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mama's 50th Birthday

Well, today is my momma's 50th birthday. I can't believe she's 50. Still acting like she's in college but that's why I love her. She's so much fun and a great influence. So, here is a documentation of this awesome event.

I woke up that morning feeling great. I was so excited. At 11am I had to go and get the cake that we had custom made for her. It was much heavier than I thought. The baker helped me carry it to the car and then I had Chelsie and Courtney help me carry it into my apartment. It was such a perfect cake for her. The candles I put on after I brought it over to the house.


After I picked up the cake, I got dressed and Chelsie, Courtney and I drove over to my momma's house after she left with her friend Beth for the day. My sister got Beth to pick her up at 1pm to take her out for the day. Around 1:30pm we got there and dropped everything off. We waited for our cook to get there to cook for her birthday and once he started, we left to go get decorations. We got back around 4pm and we were running out of time. So, my friends started decorating while I drove back to Marquette to pick up the rest of my friends to go to her party. By the time I got back, the house looked like this:


After everything was established (decorations, cake, food, etc) I decided to take a shower and get dressed to get ready for my mother's arrival at 8pm for us to go "out to dinner" and when she was around the corner we turned all the lights off for the exception of the living room and we were all there waiting for her. She was already drunk when she got home and it was taking her forever to get into the house, but once she did, this was her reaction:


It was priceless to see her face. She was so surprised and she was so happy that we planned all this. She had been asking us questions for months about it and we kept our mouths shut so that she could have the best birthday of her life. So, without further ado, here are pictures from that eventful night.

Everyone from Marquette that was there that night

After a few drinks, we decided to cut the cake. Momma really didn't want to cut it since it was "so pretty" as she put it. The cake was SOOOOO good. It turned everyone's tongues black though since the frosting was black. I just couldn't stop eating it though!

Everyone singing Happy Birthday!

The proud birthday girl!

Getting ready to cut the cake!

Cutting her precious cake!

No comments: