Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Epic Fail #1

I just had my first wedding epic fail today.

I probably jinxed myself when I said that nothing had gone wrong yet and we only had two months left of planning. My mistake.

I emailed my ceremony musician (who are guitarists) and he told me that the song for the processional he can't play and that it would be better if it was played on a CD....

WHAT!?

Oh hell no. There is no way that I'm going to walk down the aisle to a song on a CD. I don't know but to me, that sounds tacky (no offense to anyone who did that for their wedding) but that's just not for me. If there is going to be live music for the rest of the wedding, there needs to be live music for the processional. This is the biggest moment of the wedding aside from the kiss and I don't want it to sound/look tacky. It's my grand entrance and I really don't want it screwed up. What if the CD skipped? Oh god, that would be my nightmare.

So my mom suggested that I get another musician. Who in the world am I going to get so close to the wedding date? I realize that some people plan weddings in months (or even weeks) but I just don't function like that. I need things planned out ahead instead of running around desperately trying to find someone to play at my wedding. Also, I'm taking into consideration tat most of these people we might try finding already have bookings for that day. Ugh, so frustrating.

I still need prayers for my momma. She has another doctor's appointment tomorrow morning for the hole in her heart. Please and thank you! <3

No comments: