Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's 5am and what am I doing? Blogging.

Mr. M left this morning for work and I couldn't fall back asleep. So, I decided to blog. I'm WAY overdue for an update.
Monday I did my paperwork for the Marines so I'm all official now! I have my military ID which makes it feel more real. I don't know, for some reason I feel like I'm on summer vacation from school and I'm here visiting him but eventually I'll have to go back to school. I guess it will really hit me once September comes along and I won't be going back to school. Don't get me wrong, I love being down here with him but I am definitely going to miss Marquette a lot.

We got our living room furniture delivered on Monday. Well, at least the sofa, loveseat, and a swivel chair (not your average either, it's huge!) This is pretty much what we have. Except the lighter color is creme and not so "cocoa" colored. Oh and they are recliners too. So awesome.

Photo is not mine

We are supposed to get our TV on Friday so I won't be bored out of my mind while I'm here. I've managed to unpack everything in the kitchen and the bathroom and the living room is cleaned out in terms of bins. However, the guest bedroom is LOADED with Mr. M's military bags and empty bins and a bunch of other random stuff. I'm hoping to get that cleaned out really soon. My best friend is supposed to be coming in September for my birthday with her Scottish boyfriend who is flying here from Scotland! However, I'm not sure what's going on with my mother in-law since I talked to her yesterday and she now needs surgery. She's already had one with a uteran prolapse a couple of years ago. So, while I was talking to her I offered her to recover with us here in North Carolina. Last time she had surgery, she only stayed in bed for a week until she was wanting to work and move around again. She was even going downtown in Chicago to see her brother in the hospital when she should have been resting. So, I figured it would be easier if she was with us since she has no car and doesn't know her way around so she has no choice but to stay at home. So, we'll see what happens. She is supposed to tell me the date of the surgery sometime today/tomorrow.

By the end of this week, I will have wedding pictures posted! PROMISE! No lies folks. Hope you all are doing okay! I'm trying my best to catch up with blogs! =)

No comments: