Monday, August 23, 2010

Prayers

I'm not normally one to post about depressing things (okay, I'm guilty of doing it once in a great while) but today is different because I need prayers.

Last night at about 1am (Eastern time) I received a text. It woke me up but I didn't think anything of it since I was so tired and my back was killing me I didn't want to risk moving or waking up more since I knew I wouldn't fall back asleep right away. So, I ignored it and went back to sleep.

At around 4am, I woke up again and my phone was still going off (the sound repeats if you have a text and will keep going until you read it) and I decided to see who it was from. It was from my mommy telling me my sister was in the hospital again and that I needed to text her since Jen wasn't answering her phone. How stupid did I feel? Pretty stupid. I ignored that text from 3 hours earlier just because I thought it might have been some stupid text from someone that could wait until the next day. Well, it wasn't. I texted her immediately after I read it and hoped that she was still awake. Luckily, she was and began to text me. Jen had been in the hospital only a week ago for her sickle cell and was released after only two days of being in the hospital (which is a good thing since she's normally there between 4-5 days) but now she was rushed back because of chest, back, and leg pain. I could barely sleep last night I was so worried about her since her going to the hospital twice in one week was unheard of. Plus, they couldn't get anything into her veins to start an IV or to give her medicine. By 4:17am, we had stopped texting and I tried to go back to sleep.

I stayed awake until Mike's alarm went off at 5:30am. Then right after he left, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until about 20 minutes ago. I'm now extremely worried for her. Sickle cell is not a disease to mess with. So, I'm waiting to hear from Momma to see how she is doing and what her status is. I told her that if she needed me to come home to just tell me and I will take the first plane I can. All I can do right now is wait for them to tell me how she is doing. However, I need something from all of you.

Prayers. I need prayers for her so that she gets better and not worse.
Also, if you want to know more about sickle cell, click here

No comments: