Friday, October 1, 2010

Deployment #2!?

Alright, a lot of you saw on my facebook status that I might be facing another deployment. It's true but not for sure yet. I'm really hoping that it's not the case. There is a chance that he will be taking the spot of someone who has already left for the deployment. However, if anything happens to him or if he has to come home for whatever reason, Mike will leave in his place. I'm not totally freaking out yet but it still worries me since his EAS is next year. So, that would mean I have to spend the rest of the enlistment by myself. Greaaaat. I've already gone through one deployment, so I'm positive I could survive another (if it were to happen)! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to deal with it but if it does, I know I can do it and I have a great support system here on blogger =)

Does the rain EVER stop down here!? It's been raining for three days straight (as some of you already know) and at least where we live, it's STILL raining. They predicted sunshine today. Where is it? The streets are flooded and we were going in and out of power at work yesterday. Definitely an experience I won't be forgetting anytime soon. At least the weekend is supposed to be nice!

Alright, I've decided what I wanted to do career-wise. I think it's the best choice for me to have a back up for my Spanish degree since it's getting me nowhere at the moment. I decided to be a radiology technician. I'm the person that operates the machines, develops the film, and takes it to the radiologist. I could do multiple things like radiation therapy (working with cancer patients) and I think that would be really rewarding but I don't know if I could handle the emotional part of it. I know there are kids that will walk in to have radiation that have cancer. That breaks my heart all by itself. So, I might be a sonographer or working with an MRI. Not too sure yet but at least I'm narrowing it down. Plus, it's a job I could practically get anywhere and the medical field is a growing field!

Okay, sorry for jumping around topics here. I haven't blogged in a while and there really isn't much to talk about. I feel like my life is boring, ha ha. Anywho, remember that giveaway that I blogged about if I got 50 followers? Well, now I have 86 so I'm waaay overdue. I promise that by tomorrow, I will have the giveaway posted! Then when I reach 100 followers, I'll do a bigger giveaway! Yay for free stuff! Hope you all have a great weekend! <3

No comments: