Tuesday, November 2, 2010

EAS anyone?

Alright, I'm finally posting! I've been a bad blogger *smacks hand* so I'm going to be talking about EAS today. Why? Because it's coming up and we are getting ready for it. I'm somewhat bittersweet about it.

When I first moved down to North Carolina, I didn't know anyone and I didn't know where anything was. I had no friends, no family, and no job. Now, I have a steady job, friends and a Marine Corps family. I do enjoy life down here and I'm sad that I will be leaving it so soon. I was miserable when I first moved down here but now I'm glad I did. Some of the people I just knew from blogger are now my real friends.

However, the military is all I have known for most of our relationship. I don't even remember what it's like to have him around and not worry about the military telling him what to do or where he will go and when. Plus, back then we were still in high school with no real responsibilities (aka bills) but now we have to deal with everything on our own. To be honest, I will miss the military life as much as I will probably bitch about it. Moving will be crappy but we will take it slow and hopefully we will enjoy the time we have left here in NC! Our EAS (as of now) is in June but we think he's getting it moved up as early as February. We plan on moving back to Chicago where we are from so that we are more familiar with everything around us.

Sorry, this post is semi-random. I was going to write an elaborate post about EAS but my brain is currently pooping out. So, I will come back later on this week with a better post. If anyone has any advice on this, that would be great!

No comments: