Friday, December 31, 2010

2011? Bring it on!

Wow, I can't honestly believe that 2010 is actually over. It's been such a great hectic year for me and a lot of big events have happened in my life. Usually I'm nervous at the start of a new year. What will it bring? Who will I meet? Where will I be and what will I be doing? Thankfully though, this year has helped me form what I hope to be a really good year next year. I'll start out with a recap!

January:
We rang in 2010 by starting out the evening at my dad's house. My dad always has big parties for New Years and invites all kinds of friends and my family from Spain was here too! Then we decided to leave early and go to my friend's party at her house. Let me just say, we were prepared to ring in the new year!


February:
We celebrated our 5th anniversary of being together and Valentine's Day (apart of course) and I spent a lot of time partying with friends that month which included going to Marquette games and hitting our favorite bar. At the time, my best friend came back from Spain and was living with me again. :)

March:
This was a great month. We went to our last Marquette basketball game as students and it was a really great game. Then one of my very good friends Kate came to visit me just in time for St. Patrick's day. We went bar hopping and were probably drunk by 11am. It was a really great time. I'm so glad I'll be back there for St. Patrick's day this year!


April:
Mike came home for Easter (the only holiday we have spent together every year) and we spent it with my family. Then we had my momma's surprise 50th birthday! It was a really great time! We went to a Brewer's baseball game for our senior retreat and it was a blast. April was a really great and fun month!

May:
May was a hectic and busy month. I went to the Senior Ball with Mike when he flew in for my graduation. We spent our last night as undergrads at our favorite bar for Senior Night. Then I graduated with a Bachelor's in Spanish for the Professions and a minor in Political Science. It was a great day for me. Then we celebrated Mike's 22nd birthday before I moved back home for the summer.

June:
I'm not gonna lie. It was pretty boring. I did spend some time in Milwaukee with my family and friends. I got my first tattoo (well technically it was the tail end of May) and I had my bridal shower which was tons of fun too!

July:
July was fun! I went up to Milwaukee for a week and we had such a blast. We celebrated my nieces 2nd birthday and had a huge party and then I took my family to Six Flags for a family day. It was great!

August:
August was the best month so far. It was our wedding month. I had my bachelorette party, our rehearsal dinner, we got married on the 1st of August and then made the horrid road trip to North Carolina. We drove 22 hours to get down here and it was one heck of a ride! We spent most of the month unpacking and getting situated and where I started my first job down here.

September:
I turned 23 that month and my best friend and her boyfriend flew down here to spend my birthday with me and be together. It was so nice of her. Of course, that's when I met my first bloggy friend Nicole and her husband Danny! We also went to the wine festival that month too!

October:
One of my favorite holidays is in this month. Halloween. Before that could happen though, we went to the beer festival with the Sadies! Then, we went to two different halloween parties. One for couples hosted by Jennifer and then the shop Halloween party!

November:
This was the month of the Marine Corps Ball (our last one sadly) and I went home for Thanksgiving while Mike was gone on his detachment. I had a blast at home with family!

December:
This month, I spent it getting really attached to some of my co-workers and I've spent a lot of time with them lately. Especially since Mike was gone for some of December. Then my mom came and visited us for a few days with my doggie! We went to Mike's shop Christmas party and set up our little Christmas tree.

We are excited to begin another year together and we'll see what it will bring! Hope you all have a safe and happy celebration for 2011!


No comments: