Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Travel Envy

Well, I'm baaaaaack! I have been gone for a while now. Mike and I officially celebrated our 6 year/ 6 month anniversary (being together/being married) yesterday and he got me an edible arrangements with balloons and a teddy bear. I swear, he loves me way too much sometimes. Despite how long we've been together, we haven't spent an anniversary together since 2006. It will be nice when we spend our first year anniversary together in August. :)

Anyway, the topic of my blog is about traveling. I see so many friends and former classmates that traveled around the world while they were in college and some of them even met their serious boyfriends/fiancées while studying abroad and then they go and live there with them.
I also know quite a few people in the military who have moved abroad to be with their husbands.

In some aspects, I'm jealous. The world has so many adventures and things to see that I have yet to experience. I've traveled quite a bit in my young age but at the same time there are so many things I have yet to see. Like these:

Cairo, Egypt

Fuji, Japan

Nairobi, Kenya

Among these places I'd also want to visit Germany, Greece, some of Eastern Europe, Australia, Argentina and Brazil. I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them off of the top of my head. The world has so much to offer me and I hope that I will get to see it all before I die.

On the flip side of things, I don't think I could EVER be gone so long without seeing my family and friends. Even now, I have a hard time without my friends I made in North Carolina and then while I was down there, I had a really hard time getting used to not seeing my family on a daily basis (or at least being within driving distance) so I give you all mad credit. I don't know how you do it. It's physically painful for me to be away from people I really care about and only being able to see them once a year (if that) or talk to them once a week... I'm not sure how I would handle that. I guess I could deal with it if I absolutely have to but it would be extremely difficult. Luckily, we haven't crossed that bridge yet and hopefully when I leave the country, it will be for vacation!

Could you live in another country without your family and friends? If you already do, how do you handle it?


No comments: