Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May!

I'm sure all of you are giving the big thumbs up because it is FINALLY May. No more dreary rains, depressing glances outside the window, potential snow, or chilly weather. It's finally going to get warmer outside! That just makes me so happy inside. Plus, you know what else happens in May?

My husband will FINALLY be home. For good. No more duty. No more leave requests and definitely no more deployments! Although in my last post I was quite upset about leaving the military, which I still am, doesn't mean I'm any less excited about being able to spend every day with my husband and not worry about him leaving me to go overseas. I moved just about everything out of my mother's house that I had brought with me a few months ago and Mike has finally figured everything out with TMO. I'm so glad that it is all straightened out and we should be getting our furniture sometime between May 14th and the 23rd. In the meantime, Mike and I will be living with my mother until all our furniture arrives. Then we can start moving! Hopefully it will be on a day I don't have to work a long shift because I would hate to have him move everything by himself. Plus, my family can help us out since we promised we would help my mother out when she moves next year. Everything seems to be falling into place but I don't want to get to comfortable, all our stuff has to get here in one piece *knocks on wood*

I want to thank you all for your kind words on my last blog post. It means a lot to me that you will still all be there for me despite that my title from military wife is now changing to veteran wife. Your words meant a lot and I will also continue to support all of you in your journeys through the military life. I thank you again :)

Also, I have one more favor to ask. I know I mentioned this before but I really want to stress the importance. I am doing a walk for breast cancer on May 7th, and we haven't raised as much money as we'd like (I realize times are rough right now, but even I donated!) so if you could even spare $10 for breast cancer research that would be great. I have a really close (immediate) family member that is a breast cancer survivor and we want to make sure she stays cancer free so please click on the picture below to donate to our team! Thank you :)


No comments: