Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More EAS updates, you ready?

2 1/2 weeks. Still no job.

I'm at my wits end. I just feel like we are on this never ending path that is spiraling down. It's like a dark tunnel that never has a light at the end. I know that I'm sounding really dismal and "depressing" but when you have basically no money to your name and 4 more days to survive until I get paid. Only one car has gas. If it wasn't for my mom who paid us back our money, we wouldn't have any food in our house. September has been a rough month and I'm sure next month will be terrible too.

A critical decision has been made between Mike and I. I knew it would only be a matter of time before we would find ourselves back in the military. Mike felt that it would be in our best interest (both for our own sanity and our financial despair) that he sign up with the Air National Guard stationed here in Milwaukee. He will be signing a 3 year contract with them which involves going on detachments and deployments, you know, the whole 9 yards. I have missed the military and right now I get the best of both worlds. I get the military lifestyle and I get to live in the same town as my family. Hopefully, this will help us out since the job Mike has been waiting on, has made him wait for almost 3 weeks with no word on when he's going to start. I swear, people are so lazy and incompetent sometimes. How could you make someone wait 3 weeks when you told this person you needed them immediately? It makes no sense.

Ugh, I'm just beyond frustrated. We have been trying so hard to not yell and scream at each other and to be supportive of each other instead. I'm not trying to scare anyone about EAS. EAS is a very great thing because you finally get to be with your husband everyday and live a "normal" life and not having to worry about deployments and such. It's a great feeling but it's just a struggle for us personally. Some people don't have this problem but we happen to be one of those couples that got dealt the unfair hand. Honestly, I'm happy as long as I'm with Mike but we still would prefer to have a roof over our heads! You know, in the rare chance it decides to snow here in Wisconsin. : )

Anyway, sorry for the sob story. By no means am I trying to be a pity party because I'm quite happy with being with my husband and my family but it's just a really stressful time and I don't mean to unload all of our dirty nasty laundry on to blogger but I just feel like I have no one else to talk to. I appreciate and thank all of you for reading and commenting on my posts. Knowing I have some kind of support elsewhere, is extremely comforting while being in an uncomfortable situation. Thank you again, lovelies.

No comments: