Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Post EAS 3 month update

Well, it's that time! I decided to do a legitimate update instead of filler posts like usual.

First, I'm blogging from my new iTouch! My birthday was on the 10th and this was my husbands birthday gift to me. Exactly what I wanted! Also, the day before my birthday mike got a better offer for a job so things seemed to be looking up!

Recently mike got a call from the job he got (since he quit his old one the same day he got this call) and they said that right now he had the job but they did not have steady work for him. Um, what? So why did you hire him then? So at this point my husband has been unemployed for almost two weeks and we are draining our savings to stay afloat because my checks alone won't suffice. It's tough let me tell you. Mike was almost considering joining the air national guard to help us out with money because let's face it, times are hard and the military provides stability. So, I'm not really sure how I feel about EAS anymore other than it's rough right now and I'm hoping we can make it through. Although the military sounds pretty sweet of a deal right now.

It's weird because I actually miss the military. I miss the community and the sisterhood of the marines and the sense of pride. I also miss the friends I have made over my time being affiliated with the marines. But I realize that not everything can last forever. All good things must come to an end but hopefully this little ditch we are in will end quickly too. 

No comments: