Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games! (not a spoiler)

I'm sure you have all heard about the Trilogy called the Hunger Games by now. I've heard many great things about it from many people and there are very few people that dislike it.

Luckily for me, I've read all three books... and....

I'm seeing the movie TONIGHT at 10:30 with everyone from my Spanish department. I'm super excited!! I can't WAIT! It has been a while since we have all gone out and done something together so it will be a good time. We are going to iPic at the mall which is a "classy" movie theatre with a bowling alley, restaurant and bar. We are going to meet up for a drink or two and then head on in for the movie! I'm hoping we are able to get seats together since I predict it will be packed.

Nothing else is really going on with us over here. The prospect of us going back into the military keeps coming up and then disappears for a while. We just aren't sure. We have gotten so used to the civilian life and being with each other everyday that we aren't sure if we are ready to give that up. I'm sure all of you would be able to understand that. However, my husband isn't happy. He doesn't feel fulfilled enough and he doesn't feel like he is doing anything with himself. The military gave him a sense of accomplishment and purpose. I predicted this would happen even before our EAS. I knew that he would miss the structure and the sense of brotherhood that he never got to experience otherwise outside of the Marine Corps. EAS was definitely a difficult adjustment for him and it still continues to be difficult.

It's hard to think about sometimes. Leaving all my family, friends, and established life here. I have a really good job that I enjoy, great friends, and my family in close contact. Do I want to give all that up? No, of course not. Do I want my husband to be happy? Yes, without a doubt. So, how do I choose?

I don't. It's not my choice. I will follow my husband no matter where he goes or what decision he makes. It will be hard to leave Milwaukee and everything that I have here but if it's meant to be, I know things will work out in the long run for me and I will be able to start over like I did when I was still a Marine wife. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and if this is the path that we are destined to take, then I'm ready to start walking.





1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good luck with your decisions. Thats tough.