Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Apologies

I just want to apologize for being absent for a while. Especially to those who I promised to guest blog for. Normally I'm really good at staying on top of things with blogging for others since I know they are depending on me for a guest post. This time though, unfortunately, I just couldn't bring myself to blog.

My mother left me a voicemail saying she was being rushed to the hospital because she couldn't breathe anymore. I listened to it after I left work and I just about died. My mom is relatively healthy so for her to need to go to the hospital left me dumbfounded (sorry for the abundance of the word "left") so I immediately called my husband and told him I was leaving immediately for Chicago which is only about 1.5 hours of driving during normal hours but of course, I was leaving work during rush hour.

Luckily for me though, it was pretty smooth sailing during the whole drive and I was able to get there in a little over an hour (okay, so what if I was speeding... I was in a hurry!) and I walked into the hospital and found my mom in a room. She had been admitted from the emergency room for an elevated heart rate (145 bpm resting for you nurses out there) high blood pressure, and only 65% oxygen level. I was worried. She had to get breathing treatments and oxygen while being on tons of medications. I didn't know what was going to happen so I stayed in Chicago for a while until she got released and went home. She is still having trouble breathing and is still coughing but she at least goes to see the doctor tomorrow to see how she's progressing. So, I'm praying and hoping that things will get better with time.

So for that, I apologize I let down my guest bloggers. I didn't mean to sign up to do a guest post and not go through with it and for my lack of posting (like Throwback Thursday posts which are always fun) so thanks for keeping up with my blog despite my absence! It's appreciated and if you are the praying type, could you please say a few prayers for my mom? It would be wonderful and I would be so grateful! :)

No comments: