Sunday, June 24, 2012

I haven't posted in how long!?

I have no idea why it doesn't feel longer since the last time I posted. I think the last time I posted was... April? Man, that's a long time! Things have been super busy here. I'm crazy busy at my job lately and all my spare time goes towards my husband and my older sister. Now, I took the day off from work today to blog, clean my house, and... well, relax I guess!

I was also in Spain for 2 weeks which was amazing! Those of you who are friends with me on facebook already saw most of my Spain photos. We had a great time and my husband LOVED it. He is now fully invested in the idea of buying a house there (or at least a summer home) which I reminded him that we already have one. Men are silly. And forgetful but we love them anyway don't we? Anyway we had a great time and it was nice to spend time with the family. I got a wicked tan (and burn.. ouch!) and now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things after being on a carefree vacation. Let me tell you, it's hard returning from a vacation. I have no motivation!

I got in to school at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee originally for Nursing. Now, I'm changing my mind (again, I know it's as annoying to me as it is to you lol) and now I'm not really sure what path I want to take. I want to do so many things but I'm just not sure what they are going to lead me to. I would love to be a teacher but I'm too afraid. I hate getting up in front of people but once I'm up there for a good minute or two, I fall in love with it. I taught an ESL class once while I was in college as part of a project for my Spanish class and I've considered ESL teaching for Hispanics but I'm just... too afraid! LOL I guess I'm afraid more of the change but at least I'd have a steady job that pays a good amount. I guess I'll just have to go to school and see what happens!

Mike has been talking more and more about going back into the military as an officer. I don't mind, it's surprising that I actually miss the Marine Corps as much as they loved to screw us over. I know he misses it a lot and the structure (and financial support) it provided for us. We are doing fine now but still! I think the brotherhood is what he misses the most. He's strongly considering the reserve infantry unit here in Milwaukee so we don't have to move right away. I'm sure if he were to go active we would be moving elsewhere. I would love to move abroad and live there for a while but I would miss everyone here! Especially my family. Originally if Mike had re-enlisted, we would have moved to Okinawa which would have been amazing but like I said, I would miss everyone so much.

I promise to blog more, seriously. I know I say that everytime but this time I want to at least make a valiant effort. Hope everyone is doing well! :)



No comments: