Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Anonymous

I have never had much experience with anonymous commenters. I have definitely heard some horror stories of the kinds of things they post on your blog to get under people's skin. I don't even know how they even find my blog considering it doesn't get listed in google or anything like that. Who knows? They are probably bored to tears sitting at home with only their computer to keep them company so they resort to innocent blogs to make themselves feel better.

Anyway, I have been getting quite a few anon comments lately. Most of which are spam. I logged into my blog after months and there were tons of spam comments there for me to read for 0.5 seconds and then delete. I'm not sure if it is because I was gone for so long or if they just picked my blog to fill up with random comments about how to make my legs smoother or how to "satisfy my man". I'm going to have to go back and re-check my settings to see if there is anything that I forgot to do or if anything has changed since I last did a real update of my blog - obviously not since a few days ago but you know what I mean!

I knew when I read through my last blog post that I was forgetting to mention something that has changed since the last time I updated 6+ months ago. I blabbed about the house and the husband but I never mentioned that we got a puppy! Her name is Athena, she is a pitbull/hound mix and we adopted her from the humane society here in Wisconsin. She was 3 months old when we adopted her and she is originally from Mississippi. I am SO glad that we rescued her because she was going to get euthanized if she didn't make it out of that shelter in Mississippi. It's so sad that people have such awful stereotypes about pitbulls. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

She is a good girl for the most part. Right now she is on this "I like to eat your socks, especially the ones with buttons" kick so you can't leave anything on the floor around her unless you want her to eat it. When we are in public, she acts completely out of line where at home, she is super obedient. She has had training and everything for 3 months so I just feel stupid sometimes with the way she acts. Like the training did nothing.

Anyway, she is a good dog. Trust me. She has her moments of misbehavior like any dog - or child for that matter - but she is very loving and affectionate. She listens and is a great comfort when I feel lonely - like tonight since Mike is working late - so I guess I will leave you with that. I'll go be a nerd and play some computer games. If you want to see pictures of her, please go visit and follow me on instagram and you will see TONS of pictures of her from the time we first got her until now. Enjoy and I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Brittany Sommer said...

I love Athena! She's the cutest pitty ever. And spam comments SUCK! That's why I require approval before comments go on the blog. I don't think there is any other way to avoid them other than captchca or whatever but I refuse to put that annoying crap on my blog, lol.