Sunday, June 29, 2014

Welcome Back!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I last blogged. So many things have happened since my last post - I don't even really know where to begin. The last time I blogged, I had just gotten fired from my old job and was starting my new job that following Monday. My husband had gotten a new job so he wouldn't be on call anymore. As of a couple of days ago, my husband has been out of the USMC for 3 years. It's hard to believe that much time has passed already. The adjustment has gotten easier over time but my husband goes back and forth with wanting to go back in. Either officer or reserve. Who knows - maybe one day he will make up his mind?

I have been at my job now for a little over a year and it has been fantastic. I have met some really great people and I have a chance to move up. I am leaving for Mexico in one week for work to get a potential client on board with us. I will be gone for 3 days with the C.O.O. and the National Sales Manager to try and recruit this client. I'm soooo excited but very nervous! I have to go to the store and get some new clothes so I don't look like a complete wack job. We will see how it goes!

My husband was put on a 30 days notice at his job - for really no reason. He messed something up on a machine he was working on and it got his manager in trouble. The whole thing was not his fault but I guess to get back at him, they put my husband on a 30 days notice. He has 30 days to "shape up or ship out" and he hits that 30 day mark tomorrow. He has a couple of jobs lined up just in case and he's strongly considering leaving. Do I blame him? Not at all. Considering all the petty bullshit they put him through, I would leave too. We'll see where these new offers take him.

Aside from the new job, we had our bedroom and bathroom in our master bedroom remodeled since it flooded while we were in Spain over Christmas and New Years. It was an extreme pain in the ass to have to live in the downstairs bedroom with all of our stuff moved out from upstairs and all our clothes in boxes and/or suitcases. It was horrible. It was like that for at least 3 months but thankfully, our room is done! Now, to get started on that new pool deck...

Happy Sunday and GO MEXICO!!!



No comments: