Monday, June 27, 2016

Almost a year later - again!


Happy Summer of 2016!

It has been a long time since I last blogged about anything. So much has changed in the past year. I suppose, the most drastic change has been both Mike and I getting new jobs and going (finally) on our honeymoon. So, where do I begin?

I worked at Trans International for almost 2.5 years before I gave them my two week notice. I was so done with that place. They fired one of my closest work friends over something so ridiculous that as soon as I heard that news, I vowed to leave as soon as I found another job. I searched for around 3 months until I was contacted by Megan at Hatco Corporation. She found my resume on Milwaukee jobs and contacted me via phone. I completed a phone interview with her and then did two in person interviews (the only one I had been on in my 2-3 months of searching) and on August 25th, 2015 I walked out of TI for the last time and said goodbye to some great friendships and many learning experiences. On August 31st, 2015, I walked into Hatco for the first time and now I've been there almost a year. I can honestly say it is the best and most challenging job I have ever had and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful environment to work in. I have developed some great friendships and have already had some wonderful learning experiences. I couldn't have asked for a better company to work for.

About 7 months after I started at Hatco, Mike and I finally took the honeymoon trip we had been waiting 5 1/2 years for. We took the first half of the trip to visit my family who I hadn't seen in over 10 years and stayed with them in Rome, Italy. Then, after we spent a week in Italy, we flew to Spain to visit with the rest of my family. Being in Italy with my cousins I hadn't seen in a while, was the best feeling ever. I hope we can go back and visit them really soon.
Coliseo en Roma, Italia
Pompeii, Italia
Tutta la famiglia


1 comment:

Brittany Sommer said...

Ah! Yay! You blogged! Pretty much everyone else I follow doesn't blog anymore :( happy for you guys to have taken your honeymoon trip! One day Ryan and I will get one, too.